Let me introduce you to Fabulous Marion from Marionberry Style. Marion is an Event Planner and today she will share Tips on How to make Holiday Party one to Remember!!! Just in time for Thanksgiving !)
How is your upcoming holiday party going to be unique, fun and memorable?
As an event planner for six years, I have seen what works in creating unforgettable events. If you are like me, you want your friends and family to leave your home thinking “Now that was a great party!” Here are my TOP 5 things to consider in planning your Holiday Party:
1. Before you do anything else, first determine what type of experience you want your guests to have!
Do you want them to enjoy tableside conversation with holiday classics lightly playing in the background? Or do you want your guests to have a rockin’ good time with little to no inhibition in the atmosphere? Determining what you want your guests to experience is the very first step in planning.
2. Everyone loves a good theme.
Based on what you decided you wanted your guests to experience, you should develop a theme that fits within the experience. Want an outside-the-box party? Do a Hawaiian Style Holiday and greet your guests with leis at the door!
- If you are having the worst time developing a theme, simply pick a color scheme to plan around! My favorites for the current season:
- Brown and Green (classic!)
- Purple, Blue, Green and Red (harlequin modern fun – think Mardi Gras!)
- Shades of Green (Monochromatic and clean!)
3. Candlelight = instant atmosphere
Candlelight adds glamour to any setting. Whether you are planning an intimate gathering or a blow-out house party, candles are a must.
- Always use unscented candles.
- If you are using votive holders, take the time to add a few tablespoons of water in the bottom before lighting the candle. At the end of the night, you’ll be able to easily dump the used votive in the garbage and the holder will be clean!
4. Color matters
One thing I love most about Yelena is her love for the power of color. If you are considering gel lights to create atmosphere, be sure to stick to warm colors.
Red + warm lights = people look beautiful
Blue + green lights = people look ugly
5. Feature at least one surprise they’ll remember
Just a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Create a Christmas Cookie Decorating Station for guests to create their own tasty desserts. Be sure to have cellophane bags and ribbon on hand for them to take a few home!
- For a fun twist, consider hiring a bartender to lead a small lesson on favorite holiday cocktails.
Have fun planning! But remember, the most important element about your party is that YOU have to be a guest at your own party and enjoy yourself! If you are having fun, your guests will follow suit.
Thanks so much for reading and I hope you come visit me at my little corner of the internet Marionberry Style!
XO - Marion
Don't forget to follow AllGlamThings on Twitter: @AllGlamThings
And "Like" AllGlamThings on Facebook: GlamThings Fan Page
Bloggers please follow AllGlamThings through Blog Lovin!